The new LabSafe laboratory management software from OlexSys has safety at heart.
Designed specifically for institution-wide use within research laboratories, LabSafe is a web-based software system which provides for the electronic control, documentation and management of materials hazardous to health.
Developed initially for the Chemistry Department at Durham University, LabSafe has been designed to maintain the chemical materials inventory and required safety documentation, in combination with a controlled electronic request and authorisation process for the ordering of new materials.
The key features and benefits include
- Emergency report regarding the safety hazards at any particular location with visual map interface helping to quickly locate adjacent locations
- Initiating purchasing of chemicals from external suppliers through internal stores with steps of order authorisation, purchasing and delivery
- Material safety datasheet parsing for the most common suppliers. This is done to extract specific safety hazards for safety reports and storage analysis
- Tracking the chemicals internally using barcodes
- Purchasing chemicals and stationary/consumables from the internal stores
- Email alerts on order delivery and authorisation of purchase of categorised compounds
- Searching chemicals by name, sub/structure, CAS number inside the user locations or the whole database
- Controlling chemicals visibility – group/public
- Grant expenditure reports
- Internal stores stock control and reports
- Storage chemical compatibility analysis
- Storage content analysis for incompatible materials when transferring chemicals
- Weekly location safety report summary emails for extra safety and security
Additional options available
- Local network version
- Order cost allocation and accounting
Complete the form below or call us to request an online demonstration of LabSafe.
Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 2004